Monday 11 October 2010

Time Out of Mind - An Ode to Magazines

How do I love thee. Let me count the ways. I love the way I can completely devour you and yet ingest no calories; I might even be inspired to go the other way, the kind of teensy weensy spiders you use for models, gawd bless thee. I love that I can spend money on you and pretend to myself it's research. And I particularly love the way you - some of you, this is - take it all so wonderfully seriously. Exhibit A: the latest Vs magazine and the sheer creativity of their watch spread.


Magazines within magazines? To paraphrase Claudia in Interview With The Vampire, 'How Avant Garde'. Only she was talking about vampires playing humans, playing vampires. And three words probably doesn't merit a credit. Whatevs, next page.


Ads for Cartier, rolled up, within a fashion spread... I freaking love it...

Those are little Rs and As and Ds and Os chopped from magazines and papers and used for the backdrop to the new Rado watch *swoon*
Did I mention this is printed on untreated paper which smells like libraries and theatre programmes? To think, my beau might have brought one of those crazy eyed porcelain dolls in leiderhosen back from Munich, instead he picks this up for me in Munchen Flughaffen (he's a doll and hang the creeping suspicion that he paid twice as much for something exported from his destination country). It reminds me of Hedi Slimane's poster for Wallpaper* a few years ago. And since this also reminds me of my landing wall at home, that can never be a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment